back to rowing
Good afternoon one and all,
There is finally light at the end of the tunnel.
The first stage of the Government’s easing takes place on Monday 8th March. Unfortunately, this does not allow us to recommence any on water or land training.
However, the second easing, to take place on Monday March 29th does permit certain activities to recommence.
The Committee has reviewed Government advice and British Rowing Guidance and agreed some on-water activities can recommence from Monday 29th March. This is a phased return to on-water activities as was the case last May. This is subject to the following requirements which you must all follow. The last thing any of us wants is an outbreak of Covid at the Club when we have all done so much to protect each other over the last 12 months.
• Staggered boating times.
• Only one crew/ person in a boat bay at any given time.
• 2m social distancing to remain in place whenever possible.
• Boats, blades and other equipment to be washed/ sanitised after every outing.
• NRC covid WhatsApp group to be used to book a time at the club.
• Wearing of masks by individuals around the site to remain at the individual’s discretion.
• Changing rooms to remain closed.
• All club boats must be booked in advance (preferably at least a day in advance) through the Captain.
Evening rowing should also be possible when we return.
For those first early outings post-lockdown, please check all boats and other equipment before going out as it will not have been used for a while.
Please also take care on the river as there may be new obstacles (both visible and submerged) which need to be avoided. If you see something, please let others know.
At this time, all indoor training remains prohibited but should become possible as we move through the Government’s easing of restrictions over the next few months. As we approach each Government relaxation date, we will let everyone know what additional activities the Committee has decided can be undertaken in accordance with revised rules and guidance.
We look forward to seeing you all back at the Club either in late March or early April.
Any questions, just ask.